We can break your current planting season into one of three categories:
- In the middle of.
- Haven’t even started yet.
Whatever the case may be, make sure you have the following 8 items checked off your to-do list or be sure to get started on them right away!
1. Remember the planting season is also the beginning of the new Selling Season. Don’t forget this simple, yet vital, strategic viewpoint.
2. Begin a Progress Report (get one here) and establish a new baseline for how every farmer planting your seed is thinking compared to how you think.
3. Identify at least 5 Progress Report categories that you want to monitor for each customer during the growing season to see who much they change to your way of thinking.
4. Monitor the growers you visited during planting and removed from the Ag Cycle by setting a date to start developing their next year’s cropping plan as soon as their planters stop rolling. (Watch this Video on Cropping Plans)
5. Finalize next year’s sales goals based on the 5 year plan you have for growth in your territory.
6. Place each current buyer into 1 of 3 categories:
- Those who are 100% customers
- Those customers who are buying at least 51% (video) but could go to 100% next year
- Those who are not YET customers (buying less than 51% ) but could increase to customer level next year
7. Assign all your sales increase goals to NEW buyers by establishing and using a minimum order size to achieve those objectives.
8. Prepare to visit your customers’ fields 10 days after planting to ensure they are satisfied with their stands, then writing their cropping plans for next year when you are there!
P.S. Got questions on how to properly execute a Planter Visit? Need a script on what to say and how to say it? Want a sample template of Cropping Plan to use with your customers?
You can get all of this plus a TON more when you grab our Seed Seller Value Pack! Start training at home, the office or as you drive through your sales territory!