This statement describes the privacy practices which apply to the R.C. THOMAS COMPANY, LLC website, http://www.rcthomas.com/ (“website”). Please note that this website may contain links to external web sites over which R.C. THOMAS COMPANY, LLC (“R.C. THOMAS PRODUCTS”, “R.C. THOMAS”, “we”, “our”) maintains no control and therefore takes no responsibility regarding privacy considerations or content. Therefore, please carefully review the privacy policies of any such sites.
- R.C. THOMAS collects two types of information from users who access our website: (1) passively collected information gathered by analyzing page views and user navigation patterns through cookies and other analytics; and (2) actively collected information that users provide directly when they use various R.C. THOMAS services, participate in various R.C. THOMAS programs, and/or access R.C. THOMAS services or content or otherwise make purchases from R.C. THOMAS through the website.
- Passive Information
R.C. THOMAS uses page view and navigation information to ensure that users can find information on our website as quickly as possible. Also, R.C. THOMAS gathers information by taking steps such as analyzing user traffic patterns throughout our website. R.C. THOMAS does not attempt to identify individual visitors to our website through such analysis, but may collect data on general types of users based on domain name or browser type. This information is obtained directly from the user’s web browser identification information, using cookies and similar types of passive tracking mechanisms. Cookies are small text files sent from a website to the hard drive of a user’s computer to store bits of information related to that user, such as IP addresses, navigational data, server information and user preferences. Users may configure their Internet browser to notify them when a cookie is sent (giving the user the option to decide whether to accept it or not), and to reject or remove cookies. To disable cookies, users should consult their browser’s help section for instructions. If cookies are disabled, however, users may not be able to use the complete functionality of the website. R.C. THOMAS does not combine actively and passively collected data.
- Active Information Collections
When a user registers for or subscribes to certain R.C. THOMAS programs, content and/or services, including signing up to receive newsletters and/or access to online content in the form of audio and video files, the user may be asked to provide name and contact information (e.g., e-mail address), and/or demographic information (e.g., geographic location, industry).
R.C. THOMAS may also use the information collected on the website for the purpose of providing users with marketing information via email. Users may opt-out of receiving email messages at any time by clicking an “unsubscribe” link contained in any promotional or other emails that we send to users. Opt-out requests will be processed within 7 business days.
R.C. THOMAS may also use email to provide customer service and technical support. R.C. THOMAS may contact the customer using this information in an attempt to resolve an issue. It may also use the information to proactively notify customers of technical issues which may affect them.
Certain information including contact and billing information may be collected from users who wish to conduct an online transaction on the website such as subscribing to access to online content, purchase of packages including written materials and audio and visual materials. Such information also includes credit card number and security code; although, R.C. THOMAS does not store such credit card information once the relevant transaction has been completed. R.C. THOMAS may also direct (via direct links) a user to a third party for collection and processing of payments (e.g., PayPal Holdings, Inc. – as noted above, a user should please carefully review the privacy policies of any site directed to). R.C. THOMAS may use the contact and billing information to check users’ qualifications, verify their identity, as well as for billing purposes.
- R.C. THOMAS keeps its customers’ personal information private and does not give it to others, unless permitted or required by law, or to third parties to provide services on our behalf and then only for use for the purposes of providing the services, or as otherwise described in this policy. R.C. THOMAS does not give or sell its customers’ personal information to other companies for such companies’ own marketing purposes unrelated to R.C. THOMAS.
- R.C. THOMAS offers users the ability to correct or change information during and after the registration process. In addition, wherever possible, R.C. THOMAS tries to provide the user with opportunities to review and change any personal information that is collected by contacting R.C. THOMAS as set forth below.
- R.C. THOMAS does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age 13. Users under the age of 13 should not submit any personal information to R.C. THOMAS.
- The R.C. THOMAS website uses a variety of security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of information users send to R.C. THOMAS including SSL (Secure Sockets Lay) technology to assure the privacy and security of credit card and other personal information when making an order. While R.C. THOMAS has put procedures in place to safeguard the information it collects from users, R.C. THOMAS cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online; you provide it at your own risk!
VII. Please use the following contact information for any questions or concerns regarding this website: firstname.lastname@example.org